Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Do you know the story of the Native American tribes, from the earliest known histories to the first European contact to the modern day?
The "Five Civilized Tribes" tried to adapt to the American way of life, while others fought to keep their land. Which was more successful? This book will attempt to tell their story, the story of those five tribes. It will not go back into the distant past, and it will not be able to cover modern issues within the Native American community. But it will tell the story of how a group of people dealt with a world that had suddenly and drastically changed-and continued to change-and how they dealt with these changes as Native Americans.
In this book, you'll learn about:
- The Five Civilized Tribes: Cherokee, Muscogee (Creek), Seminole, Choctaw, and Chickasaw
- The role of disease in the European colonization of America
- Great Native American fighters like Tecumseh, Crazy Horse, and Black Hawk
- Great Native American leaders like Pushmataha, Chief John Ross, and Blue Jacket
- What role Andrew Jackson played in the Indian Removal Act
- The reality of Native Americans who owned slaves
- The real story behind the Trail of Tears
- Great battles like Fallen Timbers, Tippecanoe, Little Bighorn, and St. Clair's Defeat
- Massacres at Sand Creek and Wounded Knee and the devastation at Prospect Bluff
- How the Native Americans used and were used by the Americans, British, and Spanish in the southeastern United States
- And so much more